Thursday 31 January 2013

Challenge Completed - 31 posts in 31 days :)

Ultimate Blog Challenge - publish 31 blog posts in 31 days

I had a simple aim at the beginning of this challenge - just to get into the habit of blogging. Just that.

I wasn't sure I would make all 31 days, especially as I started 3 days late. But I surprised myself and got there.

And there is so much further than I ever thought it would be.

I got well over 1000 page views in the month, over 100 of them in one day.
My facebook page likes went from about 30 to over 100

I've gone from no blog followers because my links broke before I started, to over 50.

The great thing has been the interaction with my visitors. The more posts I put up, the more comments I got,  the easier those posts became to envisage, write and publish.

I found out that people like the style of my tutorials, so from now on I will be uploading a new tutorial every Tuesday. There's a new challenge :)

I have a whole lot more confidence now that I can make my dream come true - make a living just from my creative endeavours. There is a whole lot more to do, but the hard bit of marketing my work no longer seems like an impossible climb.

Thanks to everyone who has organised and taken part in this challenge. It has been illuminating to read all your blogs and I think there will be many hours reading and applying some of the great advice. Good luck to you all and maybe see some of you at the next challenge :)

Best Wishes

Janice x

18 comments:

  1. Congratulations on a successful UBC! Cannot wait for the Tuesday Tutorials.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Corinna :)
      Quite excited about the idea myself now :)

      Delete
  2. Janice, I am in total agreement with you! I have gained much confidence during the 31 days of the UBC and I believe that this will propel us to persevere in our chosen endeavors. Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job on completing the challenge! It takes a lot of hard work and focus to do these challenges...and actually FINISH them. For the third time in a row, I fell sort. (The first two times weren't my fault, this time was lol).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! Such a great accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Janice I am delighted for you. I too have blogged for 31 days in January. I enjoy visiting and thank you for commenting and visiting my blog xxx

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda. And great posting by you too :)
      I do enjoy looking at your work x

      Delete
  6. Last year I managed 365 consecutive days - don't know whether I can do it again - I have managed January OK. Keep up the good work - enjoy reading your blog and looking forward to the tutorials - maybe I will find out what to do with all this bead-making stuff I have bought!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is amazing Kate, it was suggested we do an Iron Man challenge for a year but you have already done it :)
      Let me know if there is something you would like to see on the tutorial, or just message me and I'll be glad to help :)

      Delete
  7. It was a great month. I got up this morning so relieved that it was over. And then I found myself at work WRITING A BLOG POST. LOL It's a habit now! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping it's a habit too, but know I have quite a few commitments where I will be away from the laptop for a few days at a time. Happy blogging :)

      Delete
  8. Congratulations on completing the challenge and the great things you have achieved through it. Can't wait for your Tuesday tutorials, take care x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love teaching and demonstrating so hopefully that will help with the tutorials. Anything you want on there, feel free to ask :)

      Delete
  9. Congratulations on completing the challenge Janice. That's no mean feat!
    Looking forward to seeing more of your gorgeous projects.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on completing the challenge, it's always easy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment :)